One of the things our patients at NorthCoast frequently ask is, I’m feeling so much better- my headaches and numbness in my hands is gone—I know my sister would benefit from corrective chiropractic but she’s in another state. How can she find a doctor that specializes in corrective chiropractic if she doesn’t live here in the Carol Stream or Bloomingdale area?” After being asked this a few times, we put together a list of questions to ask a doctor of chiropractic before you start care to see if they actually perform corrective chiropractic care. If they answer at least 5 of these with a YES then you can be very confident that they are corrective doctors.
- Do you take x-rays?
- Do you get listings off of x-rays?
- Do you take post x-rays to document structural changes made?
- Are your treatment goals to restore the natural curves?
- Are you familiar with correcting disc injuries?
- Do you work on post-surgical patients?
- Can you slow the progression of arthritis?